A Horse Country intern passionately loves Central Kentucky and is an knowledgeable on our members (your training involves visits to all our member locations.), and other regional attractions, dining, lodging and more; and has the ability and drive to deliver a great experience
to guests over the phone and in email correspondence. Whether it’s a request for Horse Country
experience descriptions, help with directions, assistance booking a visit, or recommendations, the Horse Country intern can help – or get help. The Horse Country intern is the steward of the brand experience during some or the most critical interactions with guests.
This position also includes daily interaction with our booking technology AnyRoad, Customer
Relationship Management (CRM) system Hubspot, our merchandise software, Shopify, social media, our email marketing platform, MailChimp, and our cloud service, Google Drive – proficiency, or experience with these technologies or analogous is preferred. Support to Executive Director on administrative needs is included; this position likewise provides support to various key contacts at member locations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Front line customer service at the highest level, including assisting guests over the phone and via email on FAQ style questions. Horse Country is known for its excellent service and hospitality
- Facilitate online and over the phone ticket purchases, including connecting guests to desired or recommended experience
- Coordinating itineraries – or supporting a guests’ developing itinerary
- Fulfillment of merchandise orders placed through the platform, Shopify
- Assist Lead Concierge with ongoing projects including but not limited to social media posting industry communication, website content
- Customer service such as large group requests including communication and curation
- Supporting our community with special requests (as needed)
- Communicate with our members to support any needs they may have for touring programs.
- Assist Executive Director on special projects, as needed,
- Assist with events, either member, community or tourism focused as needed
- Currently enrolled in college/university
- Positive attitude, high level of personal ownership and buy-in to the mission and vision of Horse Country
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse clients
- Proficient in Google Drive cloud system, Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with social networking sites
- Organized with the ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Creative and flexible, a proven self-starter with problem-solving skills and can-do approach
- Comfortable with direct customer service
- Ability to Lift, push, pull or carry up to 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record and means of transportation.
- Self-motivated, creative, organized, detail oriented, team ariven
- Willingness to learn & grow
- Located in Lexington or surrounding area
- Some weekend or evening hours may be required
Internship inquiries can be submitted below.