31 Oct Breeders’ Cup Connections
The 35th Breeders’ Cup is set for Nov 2 + 3, two days of phenomenal horse racing showcasing some of the finest thoroughbreds from around the world.
The weekend is capped off with the running of the Breeders’ Cup Classic – and this year the field is deep with exceptional runners. If you follow racing, you might recognize some of these names -and even if you don’t, we give you a few reasons to cheer with connections to our Horse Country members.
Photo above: Eclipse Sportswire
- Thunder Snow: owned by Godolphin
- Roaring Lion
- Catholic Boy: consigned by Taylor Made (their 100th Grade 1 they consigned!); owned by Robert LaPenta, Madaket Stables, Siena Farm, and Twin Creeks Racing Stables; sired by More Than Read who stands at WinStar Farm
- Gunnevera: sired by Dialed In who stands at Darby Dan Farm
- Lone Sailor
- McKinzie: sired by Street Sense who stands at Godolphin at Jonabell
- West Coast: sired by Flatter who stands at Claiborne Farm, the dam is Caressing who was bred by Airdrie Stud; West Coast was raised and sold by Hermitage Farm
- Pavel: sired by Creative Cause who stands at Airdrie Stud, the dam is Mons Venus who is owned by WinStar Farm and Airdrie Stud
- Mendelssohn: sired by Scat Daddy who stood at Coolmore at Ashford Stud
- Yoshida: owned by WinStar Farm, China Horse Club, SF Racing, and Head of Plains Partners
- Mind Your Biscuits
- Axelrod: sired by Warrior’s Reward who stands at Spendthrift Farm
- Discreet Lover
- Accelerate: sired by Lookin At Lucky who stands at Coolmore at Ashford Stud, the dam is Issues who was bred by Adena Springs
Wishing all jockeys and horses a safe ride under the twin spires!