[vc_row css_animation=”” row_type=”row” use_row_as_full_screen_section=”no” type=”full_width” angled_section=”no” text_align=”left” background_image_as_pattern=”without_pattern”][vc_column][vc_column_text]
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row css_animation=”” row_type=”row” use_row_as_full_screen_section=”no” type=”full_width” angled_section=”no” text_align=”left” background_image_as_pattern=”without_pattern”][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]Horse Country, Inc., a membership organization unites thoroughbred farms, clinics and equine attractions in a fan development initiative. The organization aims to make fans of farms, horses, and the sport through experiences at member locations. We have already garnered attention and support internationally in industry circles and press.
Horse Country is seeking interns to work with the organization during this critical development phase. Horse Country will provide training and experience in nonprofit management through work on membership relations, marketing and communications, merchandising, operations, tourism, finance and more.
Successful candidates will demonstrate a strong work ethic and commitment to the mission of the organization. Candidates may be from a variety of backgrounds or with a variety of interest. Please detail any specific qualifications or areas of interest in the cover letter. Equine experience is not required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Frontline customer service
• Volunteer coordination
• Member relations
• Social media & online communications (using tools such as mailchimp)
• Drafting press releases and assisting with various written press materials
• Compiling/updating media contact lists
• Working with the Horse Country brand team on development of image, brand, and mission/vision
• Merchandise program development and fulfillment
• Developing evaluation tools for visitors, members and partners
• Developing standards documents and member manuals
• Preparation of board meeting materials
• Taking and organizing committee and board minutes
• Develop presentations for community meetings
• Currently enrolled as a junior or senior, seeking academic credit for an unpaid internship
• Exceptional writing and communications skills; ability to work with diverse clients
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, familiarity with social networking sites
• Organized with the ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
• Creative and flexible, a proven self-starter
• Ability to lift, push, pull or carry up to 50 lbs
• Comfortable with direct customer service
• Located in Lexington or surrounding area
Internship inquiries should contain the following information:
• Cover Letter
• 1-3 Writing Samples
Submit your information to Marisa Noe at [email protected] The email subject line should read Internship.
For questions about the internship process, please contact Marisa Noe at [email protected][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_single_image image=”2089″ img_size=”full” qode_css_animation=””][/vc_column][/vc_row]